Experiencing housing disrepair issues? If you are a tenant living in a rented property, your landlord will have agreed to repair certain aspects of your property set out in your ‘tenancy agreement’.

If you do not have a tenancy agreement, for example if it was a verbal agreement between you and the landlord, the law imposes obligations on your landlord to carry out basic repairs such as keeping in repair the structure and interior of your home.

It doesn’t make a difference whether you are leasing from:

  • A private Landlord 
  • Local council
  • A social landlord

When you have told your Landlord of the disrepair, your landlord must not unreasonably postpone doing the fixes. In the event that they don’t do the fixes within sensible timeframe then you have a potential case for disrepair against them. 

In the event that your landlord will not fix the property or consistently overlooks you, we might almost certainly make a move against them to attempt the fixes. You may likewise be entitled to get compensation for the burden you have endured, however any misfortunes you have brought about because of the disrepair. How much compensation you are to get is established on an individual basis. This takes into consideration the seriousness of the disrepair, to what extent you have experienced the deteriorations and how they have influenced you.

In the event that you wish to seek after a case against your Landlord, please contact us to make an appointment as we need to provide them with 21 days’ notice.


287 Station Road, Bamber Bridge, Preston, PR5 6ED

    What type of claim are you making?